Monday, November 19, 2012

Quilting - More quilts, just not for babies.

I really planned on getting some of my UFO's (unfinished objects) completed this year.  That was before all the babies showed up.  But I did get this one finished finally.



I believe I started it in 2006, but it may have been 2005.  The pattern is by Pat Speth, and is called Star & Hourglass.  It's made from tons of different reds, blues, and off white fabrics.  Here's a close up of the blocks.

When I cleaned out the quilting cupboard and found out this just needed borders and backing, I decided it was finally time to complete it.  (of course, that was six months ago and I just finished it yesterday.)  Now I have something to hang up on 4th of July.

I was actually full of energy this weekend.  I cooked for hours and I  got to work finishing up the quilt above, and another one that was actually a gift for someone and needed to be completed before today.  This pattern I call Filmstrip.  I can't remember the actual name and I can't find the pattern to the one I made years ago, so I just guessed at what I needed and I think it came out pretty good.


Here's a close up of the quilting pattern I used.  I hope you can actually see it.


Next up, I bought a new quilting frame so I can get these queen size quilt UFO's  I have hanging around the house finished.    (I'll be selling my old frame once the new one is up.  More details to follow in the near future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment